Starter Pack

ugeine 13:17 30 Jul 09

Hello!

I've just decided to splash out on a brand new computer after deciding my seven year old faithful wasn't quite up to scratch.

I used to be a little bit into computers when I was a teenager but then became a penniless student and didn't keep up with stuff.

I've got a few applications that I use now, such as spybot and AVG, but was wondering if there was any handy little programmes I should know about and that people would consider essential for your computer? Kind of a computer 'starter pack?'

Any programmes you think fit this desciption, please tell me!

ol blueeyes 13:50 30 Jul 09

One I would consider a must is ccleaner click here It gets rid of the rubbish which mounts up as time goes by. In doing so you will find your PC works faster you can also clean the Free Space on your HardDrive though can be lengthy depending on the size of your HD D

jack 14:31 30 Jul 09

Then Google for it.
and post the list here.
A free open source Office package for example -open office.com
or a graphics package
click here
though there are many many more- you wont have to spend a penny on software unless it is something special.
There is almost always something the will do the job - for free

ol blueeyes 15:36 30 Jul 09

Another thing you can get for free but be careful in choosing a good one is Security Software. I am with Barclays Bank and they offer Kaspersky Free I've had over a year now. I believe other Banks also offer Free Internet Security Free. it's worth checking with your Bank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…