Startech Usb To Express Card Adapter

Havaiz 14:25 14 Mar 11

Does anyone knows if I can connect a firewire card to this adapter?click here or is it only for usb devices?

johndrew 15:05 14 Mar 11

Your answer is in the item's description - USB To Express Card Adapter. The detailed description given in your link also confirms this.

If you were to tell us exactly what you are attempting to achieve, it may be possible to point you in the right direction.

Havaiz 15:19 14 Mar 11

Well i've just purchased a sound card Focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp but it uses firewire to connect and my laptop hasn't got one,neither a pcmcia port to connect a firewire card.I bought a firewire to usb adapter but it didn't work.I read later from the site that the sound card is not compatible with any firewire to usb adapters.My laptop is an HP G62-b95ev 2.53GHz windows 7 64bit intel core i5.

johndrew 10:16 15 Mar 11

I would have suggested a firewire/USB adapter but you have found this not to work. The only suggestion I can make is that you contact Focusrite click here and ask them for help; unless some one else here knows of a solution.

chub_tor 10:28 15 Mar 11

If you refer back to your previous thread click here it was suggested that you use the USB to Express card adapter that you have shown combined with an Express card with Firewire click here Then you can plug in your Firewire Sound Card into that. It is very cumbersome but the only solution we could come up with.

Havaiz 17:11 15 Mar 11

yes but the the USB to Express card adapter is only for usb devices.

chub_tor 21:05 15 Mar 11

Your laptop has USB ports but no firewire or express card ports and you want to use a soundcard that connects to a firewire port. At least that is what you said in your original post. That is why it was suggested that because the USB to firewire connector did not work you could use a device that converted USB to an Express Card, plugged in an Express card that has Firewire connectors on it, then plugged your sound card into the firewire port on the Express card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…