Start.bat file - back up copy?

MFL 10:30 09 Sep 07

Have recently run a defrag / repair of my hard drive and it identified a file that it could not repair - Start.bat (or something like that). I have a vague recollection of back up copies of such files being in a folder somewhere on the hard drive for repair purposes (I have a Mesh machine running XP) can anyone point me in the right direction.
Alternatively I do have a Mesh XP Recovery CD - although this does say not to use it without specific instruction from Mesh Tecnical Support.
I am experiencing difficulties with booting up the computer - taking up to 10 attempts to start up so it seems a possible reason. (I am aware there are other possible causes such as dirt and dust or failing PSU).
An advise (not to technical please!) gratefully recieved.

tobyb121 11:44 09 Sep 07

do you know where on your computer this file is, this may allow you to manually repair it, the mesh recovery cd will probably erase you hard drive, so if you do decide to use this it would be advisable to back up first, but this should solve the problem

MFL 12:34 09 Sep 07

Hmm. Keen to avoid erasing hard drive so would prefer to find the back up files on the hard drive but can't recall where they were.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017