Start Up & Standby Issues with Xp Pro

mulva42 19:40 28 May 04

Windows xp goes into standby for no particular reason not all the time only occasionally, And also when pc boots up it hangs at the Temp screen where it tells you the temp for the cpu, Then I press any key on the keyboard and it seems to continue booting.

stalion 21:59 28 May 04

bump

GaT7 22:17 28 May 04

For the Standby problem, try setting Turn off Monitor, Turn off Hard Disks, and System Standby to 'Never' in Control Panel -> Power Options.

For the startup problem try the t'shooting tips here: click here &
click here. Good luck, G

mulva42 15:13 01 Jun 04

Thanks crossbow7 will try later today.

STALION What's Bump Mean?

GaT7 18:54 01 Jun 04

mulva42 - here 'bump' is used like a nudge. When no one has answered your query for a while someone on the Forum - stalion in this case - who cannot give you an answer will instead bump up the post to the top of the Forum list (see 'Latest threads' in the left margin). This is done in order to catch someone else's attention & hopefully they will have a closer look & answer your query. Nice isn't it? : ) G

mulva42 23:23 02 Jun 04

crossbow thanks for the explanation great.But look at the other Major issue i have now Boot up screen not completing cause i played about with the core kernel to get rid of a fancy boot scrn i loaded about 5 months ago, I tried to remove it because it wouldn't let me load a service pack, And oh boy have i done it big time

GaT7 17:09 03 Jun 04

So, I suppose you tried the suggestions & links I gave earlier & they didn't work?

Have you run a sfc /scannow? This is done to check for & replace any corrupted files. click here if you need to know how.

If the sfc /scannow doesn't work you may want to consider reinstalling WinXP over the top of itself (also called a repair) - click here if you need to know how (don't forget the backup!). After doing this you'll need to reapply updates & service packs (incl. SP1 if required).

Keep us posted. Good luck, G

mulva42 20:36 04 Jun 04

Thanks that me fully sorted now..

Many thanks for replying to me

Regards

Mulva42

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…