Start Up Sequence

d_a_v_e 17:20 10 Nov 05

Windows 2000 -how can i get Norton Internet Security 2005 to start completely first, then my broadband connection, then Outlook?
(The problem is that Outlook and Broadband shortcuts are in my Programs/startup folder, and they start ages before NIS2005 is active, so mail arrives before the virus checker is active).

ACOLYTE 17:29 10 Nov 05

Take the outlook/broadband shortcuts out of the startup folder,let the pc boot up then open the connection manually and download your email.

d_a_v_e 17:35 10 Nov 05

Yes I'd thought of that, but i was looking for a way of doing it automatically - any more ideas?

mobileman1953 19:26 10 Nov 05

go to anti virus options,autoprotect,advanced,put a tick in the box for load autoprotect during system boot , see if that helps

dickens 19:31 10 Nov 05

You could try deleting all from your start up folder and writing a batch file with delays between each start item. This batch file should reside in your start up folder. The following link goes to a free batch file writer which even I can use.
click here

Good luck

d_a_v_e 16:44 11 Nov 05

Thanks guys - I've now Set the autoprotect at windows startup so things should be safe.
The batch writer is interesting and I'm also giving that a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…