Start up in safe mode

DJV 19:50 03 Apr 03

Every time I turn on my computer it starts up in what seems like safe mode (16 bit colour only)a restart normaly solves the problem but it is a pain! on the odd occasion this does not work and I have to then power down start again and reset all the display parameters any ideas how to fix?

Steinman 20:11 03 Apr 03

Sounds obvious but after you reset the display parameters do you APPLY?!

spikeychris 20:13 03 Apr 03

Seems like safe mode? has it got safe mode in the four corners? and what O/S?

Chris

AudioVic' 01:52 04 Apr 03

Right click desktop for display properties,

click on settings,

click on advanced,

click on monitor,

click on change monitor,

Click on show all makes and then the topmost: standard monitors and opt for Super vga 1024 X 768 75hz

Tog 07:40 04 Apr 03

Have you checked for errors or conflicts in System Properties > Devices?

DJV 18:24 07 Apr 03

Steinmann - Yes I do APPLY

Spikeychris - does not have 'safe mode' in four corners - O/S WIndows ME

Tog - Have checked for conflicts/errors in system -devices - none found.

AudioVic - Ok until 'click on change monitor' bit - only get the option to search for a new driver.

tree2 18:43 07 Apr 03

i had that prolem and i got a screen dislay manager it reconises the screen size and puts the screen right now my computer is fine by the way what OS are you using?

woodchip 19:12 07 Apr 03

Sounds like a corrupt video driver, if you have a CD for the graphics card reload the cd software and drivers if Not you need to download new drivers and load

Steinman 23:19 07 Apr 03

When did this problem start to happen?
Was it after you installed something new?
Have you tried System Restore & gone back to a date before the first incident of the lookalike Safe windows occured?

DJV 17:31 17 Apr 03

Tree 2

Might try that

Woodchip - have downloaded and installed the latest detonator driver for my NVIDIA GE Force2 Ti video card but still get the same result.

Steinman - has happened since my son built my new computer, at first everything ok but can't say I can link it to anything I have installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…