start up programs what a pain help

pepa31 14:15 06 Nov 07

when my computer starts up from start i have a number of programs on the task bar i dont want to start up on start up how do i get them out of the tast bar on start up because im sure thois is slowing my computer down

Totally-braindead 14:23 06 Nov 07

They would be slowing things up as they are all running, admitadly at a tickover but it all adds up.

To disable startup items goto START RUN and type MSCONFIG the last tab is startup from here you can disable what you like by unticking the boxes.

Be warned. Only untick the boxes you can identify as things you don't need as some of the items are needed for windows. Disable the wrong one and windows won't load and run.
Its not as bad as it sounds as if you do this what you do is start in safe mode and retick the boxes. So what I am saying is write down what you disable so that if things do muck up you can tetick the relevant boxes.

pepa31 14:34 06 Nov 07

resolved thank you so much brain dead for all you r help you have helped me out alot there thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…