Start Programs MRU list missing

Howard's Way 22:43 06 Jun 04

I am using Windows ME and until recently when I went to Start and then programs it used to display a Most Recently Used list of programs first then all the programs.

But now the MRU list is not displayed just the list of all the programs. I have looked in settings, Task bar and Start menus but cannot find anything that resembles a MRU list for programs.

Anyone got any ideas?

hugh-265156 00:42 07 Jun 04

not sure about win ME but in xp its

right click taskbar/properties/advanced/start menu/customise/advanced and tick 'list my most recentlt opened documents'

some anti spyware programs like spybot can clear this list.have you ever used anything like this maybe?

Howard's Way 20:12 07 Jun 04

Thanks for the tip huggyg71 but that is Okay for the documents, but I am talking about programs. If you go start/programs you should get a small list of programs that have been used recently but I do not get this anymore just a complete list of programs.

hugh-265156 00:25 08 Jun 04

its the same i think for the most recent programs displayed next to the all programs menu in xp.im not sure of the layout in win me.

these are also cleared after i run spybot search and destroy for example if i allow it to clear these.

do you use spybot?

open it and click settings then untick: 'usage tracking' and 'tracks uti' and it should leave these alone in future.

i think

Howard's Way 19:49 08 Jun 04

I don't have spy bot but it has started working again I checked Use personlized menus and it is back.

Thanks for your help huggyg71

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…