Start Up Process (Ctrl/Alt/Del)

grtaylor76 19:16 14 Mar 06

When you press ctrl/alt/del approximately how many processes should be running - is 30 the norm - i know that the more progs you have running the slower your comp, but i think some progs start automatically even though you don't need them. Also can you remind me what do you type in under the Run command to show what progs startup - something like msstartup? Thanks

bythor 19:32 14 Mar 06

The processes depends on your individual pc, but around 30 doesn't sound an unusual number. There's lots of sites that explain processes, just google on 'windows processes'.
The start up list can be found by typing in 'msconfig' (assuming you're on XP) in the run dialog.
If you're interested, a very good start up control is Mike Linns start up control panel - get it free here click here
bythor

griffon 56 13:23 17 Mar 06

For Start-up Control progs try also click here or click here where there are lots of progs on all sorts of topics. They're both reliable and safe, I've been using them for years. bythor's recommendation is endorsed by PCA and used to be standard on cover discs.

There's also click here, click here and click here which you might try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos