Start up problems

loaders 12:09 26 Jun 06

I have all of a sudden on start up began to get a Blue screen with the message"while initializing device VSDA.TA95.Windows protection error-you need to restart your computer-system halted"
I then have to switch off manually and on restarting I get the screen with start up in Safe mode,Normal mode etc.Whichever I click on it goes through the Scan Disc routine for incorrect shut down and everything opens up as normal.I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem but on shut down I sometimes get a screen with horizontal Orange and Black lines and have to shut down manually.
Any thoughts on my problem would be appreciated.

woodchip 12:58 26 Jun 06

Have you got ZoneAlarm?

loaders 14:08 26 Jun 06

Woodchip, Yes i have had zone alarm(free version) for quite some time,never had any problems with it though.
Have you some ideas on my current problem??

VoG II 16:01 26 Jun 06

Uninstall then reinstall ZA.

woodchip 16:53 26 Jun 06

Just try with it disabled

loaders 15:39 01 Jul 06

VoG,woodchip.
Many thanks for your suggestions.I did try them but it did not answer my problem.in the end I had to take the unit to my local computer expert who could not get into the pc either and I had to get everything wiped and my ME system restored.I have tried to download the Free version of Zone Alarm but it is not now possible as they are not supporting ME from July 16.any sugestions of a similar Free equivilent or will I have to buy one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…