start up problems

paul1965 21:48 06 Nov 03

running on windows 98,when i start up the screen either goes blank or starts in safe mode then if i change the colours to 256 it starts with fragmented blocks all over the screen

Qmar 22:20 06 Nov 03

(not enough info in your q.> have you checked the usual things<, do u have a.v.utility...when did it happen,what were u doing, what is your system, what is you hardware, have you got a backup, are you online, do u have a windows cd, do you maintain your system? ...etc,etc:-)

paul1965 22:29 06 Nov 03

i was trying to load a free cd from a magazine at the time which id used before ok,ive got a windows 98 backup,dont know what av utility means
i can get online but only if i go through safe mode to change my colour settings then restart.should i reinstall windows?

woodchip 22:55 06 Nov 03

Try untick all except System tray in MSCONFIG and then try a restart if you get into windows Run SFC from Run box

paul1965 15:17 08 Apr 04

i ran spybot and it picked up 3 problems.
two of them said something about H-key user in internet settings.does anyone know how i get into that?
also does anyone know why my mouse keeps disappearing and is only visible in certain areas of the screen.makes it very difficult to do any repairs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…