Start up problem

Sweet William 16:17 27 Jan 07

My PC has developed an intermittent start up problem. On occasions the on button will not turn on the PC for 10 minutes or so. Once it is switched on there are no further problems. A flashing green light at the back of the PC indicates that there is a power supply. The moment the light becomes static the PC can be switched on. (A Service Engineer checked all the software, but claimed the flashing green light had no significance. Personal observation suggests he is wrong!)
My PC is an HP Pavilion t441 and is almost 3 years old.
Can anyone help please?

Fateful Shadow 16:27 27 Jan 07

Sounds like the Power Supply could be failing. Might want to get it replaced before it goes *bang* =]

BEN MARSHALL 18:30 27 Jan 07

Strange things often occur when power is not great enough or the power supply is faulty and by leaving it you are asking for it to not boot, Get a replacement PSU Power Supply Unit that is right for your pc e.g. 350 or 550 what dependent on power consumption of your processor, and other devices.

Good Luck

Ben.

Sweet William 19:47 29 Jan 07

Thank you "Fateful Shadow" and "Ben Marshall" for your input. I now intend to have the PSU replaced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…