Start up Problem

swanny2 15:05 26 Nov 06

Hi there
Problem is this morn i was on the pc started fine ,everything ok.Then for no reason my Roller Ball mouse wouldnt move,the arrow.So i turned my Pc of then when it came too start up,rather than boot up normallyit went too,
Please select the operating system u require
Window xp media center(is what i have) or Tune upBack up.this didnt allow me too go too back up as i moved arrow key,so i pressed Enter then it wouldnt move off that screen.Ihad too restart manually ,then i pressed f8 .but i cudnt see no Safe mode ,only-floppy-cd rom 16xdvd an something called IDE-an loads of numbers.So i clicked on that an it started ok.Now when i wanna start my Pc ive gotta do all this again. Also my mouse wouldnt work for hours altho i tryed a few mouses. weird ive no idea.
Sorry about the rant on .but im stumped. help appreciated tx.
Swanny.

birdface 15:19 26 Nov 06

There have been a few mouse problems lately. Most of them were the same maker, Logitech,

birdface 15:24 26 Nov 06

Safe Mode, Keep tapping F8 When restarting computer,Dont keep your finger pressed down on it, Her are some of the problems others have had, click here

swanny2 16:09 26 Nov 06

i have pressed f8 mate but i dont see a option for Safe Mode.only floddy drive that IDE AN CD DVD DRIVE.

swanny2 16:13 26 Nov 06

ive used another mouse now smae ones i tryed b4 an none wud work. now they ok ,bar this roller ball mouse,i can right click on it and its ok . weird. why it shud just stop.

swanny2 16:28 26 Nov 06

ive been too device manager an under Mice it says .
hid compliant mouse(whatever that is and ps2 mouse now this roler ball mouse im havin probs with im sure said logitek on the box. that wont work only right clik .

hid compliant mouse(whatever that is and ps2 mouse now this roler ball mouse im havin probs with im sure said logitek on the box. that wont work only right clik .

drybones 17:24 26 Nov 06

when my mouse does this I pull the connector out of the back of PC, wizard finds mouse again then it works as normal this may not be the correct thing to do but it works for me my mouse is a Microsoft it seems to do this every 2-3 weeks can't do much harm give it a go

swanny2 19:23 26 Nov 06

ye tryed that tx. must be the mouse itself,even tho it lights up red. an right cliks. agh well . i will get another for xmas lol

lotvic 00:27 27 Nov 06

How to clean your rollerball mouse, with pictures step by step click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…