Start Up "niggly"

alanstan 09:11 21 Oct 05

Can anyone please help me??
When I start up my pc I get a small box in the centre of my screen come up which says "Windows preparing to install" I then get another box come on top of that saying "Norton antivirus does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall"

I cannot get rid of this and I dont know where it has come from, apart from when I upgraded Windows, nor do I know what to uninstall, it is very frustrating as I have to click on the Norton box 3 times before it goes away.......

pauldonovan 10:11 21 Oct 05

?

alanstan 11:56 21 Oct 05

Hi Paul,
I have tried disable on Norton but it makes no difference, I cannot uninstall Norton because it was installed into my PC when I purchased it and I do not have a disc to reinstall it, is there another way to uninstalling it without losing it??
Please exuse my ignorance as I am quite a novice, thanks Alan

thedarkside 11:56 21 Oct 05

Perhaps an XP hotfix is causing this problem. If you can remember when the problem started, try a System Restore to a time before the problem began.

ventanas 12:02 21 Oct 05

The usual cause of this is when the start menu shortcuts are moved. If you have moved them away from their default, move them back again. Reinstalling will not cure it.

beynac 12:06 21 Oct 05

This should answer the question - it solved it for me. click here=

beynac 12:09 21 Oct 05

Sorry - I should have said. It was the missing folders that caused my problem. I didn' have to uninstall Norton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…