Start up/msconfig

Daz35 23:56 23 Mar 04

If I use msconfig to get rid of unwanted start up items, when do they actually start? If for example I had Roxio as a startup item, what would happen if I configured it not to start on boot up? And also what is the point of having it in the start up menu anyway (or does installation of the software do this automatically?) I'd like to start up a bit faster but am not sure what I can and cannot take off startup in system config utility.
Thanks for any help

hugh-265156 00:09 24 Mar 04

you can untick everything in the start up tab under msconfig if you want to.you wont do any harm as the program will still start up when you select it from all programs or click its shortcut.it just wont be in the tray when windows starts up anymore.

although you can untick everything i would leave your antivirus and firewall set to start automatically.untick everything else.

Giggle n' Bits 00:16 24 Mar 04

click here Is the full online A-Z listings for startup entries found from the MSCONFIG !

There home page is click here

Also look at click here

Hope these help !

Daz35 00:26 24 Mar 04

Thanks alot - whatever would I do without these forums?! System restore a lot!
Cheers

hugh-265156 00:32 24 Mar 04

heres another one click here

for stopping uneeded services(not programs) which can speed up boot time and free up some ram then see click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…