1. Start the program from your Desktop or Start Menu>Programs>Windows Startup Inspector
2. Once the program has started it will load the programs in your windows' startup list automatically. (from Registry and Startup Folders)
3. Press the CONSULT button. This feature requires an Internet connection, make sure you have Internet access and allow this program to pass your firewall. Note: this program is not a spyware, it only retrieves info it does not send any info.
4. Once Consultation process is complete, you will notice comments appears aside of each program, and at the bottom of the screen shows an expanded information of each selected program.
5. Go through each program, check if it is required by its rating. Rating 1 are definately not welcome, remove it, it is spyware, adware or even virus. Rating 2 are not required programs, they are not worth to run on startup. Rating 3 are program provides certain feature, but if you don't use it or rarely use it, why not remove it and you can always start it manually. Rating 4 are usually system programs, you should leave it along.
6. Remove the program from startup list, just Uncheck the program, by click the square box in front of each program.
7. Now finish by press Apply button.
8. Exit Startup Inspector for Windows and Restart windows.