start menu in win XP

rsturbo 00:27 01 Oct 04

i have 4 users on my xp pc. on one of the users (limited account) i want to limit what they can see on the start menu. I want to be able to stop access to program files and its sub contents and i want to know how to control access to all of the other menus on the start menu.

any help would be appreciated

TomJerry 01:11 01 Oct 04

Click "My Computer", Under directory "Documents and Settings", you will find a subdirectory "All Users" and other directories under different user name. Under "All Users", you will find a directory called "Start Menu", Under this, directory "Program", you will find all menu items under here. Those items will be seen by all users. You just move the one you do not want other to see ("Cut"), to the corresponding subdirectory under your Name ("Paste").

if you want to set directory access to different user, I will post tommorrow.

By the way, XP's account security can be very very easily by-passed, so do not rely on it. Are you trying to restrict kids? If you are, just forget about it, they are much smarter than you think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…