Start Menu Problem

SimpleStevie 20:42 16 Sep 05

I recently installed a program on my PC which installed itself in my Win XP Pro start menu as per usual. I decided that it was not for me and went through the applications uninstallation program, which appeared to remove all traces of the application from my PC.

The start menu group is still there however, and I cant seem to get rid of it. Right clicking on the start menu doesnt bring up any options like it does for others. In windows explorer I cannot delete the start menu folder either, I get the message that says Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this, really am starting to pull my hair out. It must exist as it is their on my start menu. Have already tried deleting in safe mode, says the same thing.

bruno 20:49 16 Sep 05

Did you uninstall from add/remove programs,or by going in to programs? I have found that the second method works more completely than the first.I had one like this the other day and I had to reinstall it and then use the programs own uninstaller.

Jackcoms 21:09 16 Sep 05

Go to Start; Search; All Files and Folders. Type the name of the software in the box and delete all instances of what it finds.

Finally, use click here
to get rid of any leftovers.

SimpleStevie 21:12 16 Sep 05

Yes I did uninstall it using the programs uninstall program, not from add/remove menu

SimpleStevie 21:19 16 Sep 05

Tried that Ccleaner program, start menu entry still there :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 16 Sep 05

Try in safe mode

Use explorer to delete from c:\documents and settings\your username\start menu

SimpleStevie 21:29 16 Sep 05

Tried it in safe mode, get same error message

VoG II 21:45 16 Sep 05

Which program?

SimpleStevie 21:55 16 Sep 05

Its a patch which puts together a lot of user made updates made for EA Cricket 2005, so its not supported by any company or anything, which makes me worry slightly :(

Other users have been experiencing the same problem when uninstalling, it is discussed here:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…