Start Menu full up.

geedad 07:50 29 May 08

I am using Windows XP, Sp2, and although I have previously been able to pin a shortcut to the 'Start Menu', it now seems full up. I have a number of 20 items on the 'Start Menu', and if I try to add any more, although I know that the operation was successful, I cannot see the added item because there is no more space!
Is there a means of extending the column, adding a column?
geedad

Taff™ 08:02 29 May 08

If you mean pinning items so they appear above the start button (Not when you click All Programs) there is a limit. You can increase this by right clicking the start button and selecting Properties. Then look for the option to display the smallest icons.

If you want to tidy up the All Programs lists again right click the start button and choose "Explore All Users". Windows explorer will open and in the left pane select "Programs". In the right hand pane create folders by right clicking an empty space>New>Folder. Call them things like "Computer" "Media" "Internet" "Utilities" "Office" "Programs" etc. Then just drag and drop the icons into these folders as appropriate. You will then have groups of associated shortcuts in each of the folders on the All Programs list instead of several columns in alphabetical order.

geedad 08:14 29 May 08

Taff™

Thanks,will do!

( I've had to scroll down to the floor to use this site now! )

geedad

Taff™ 22:50 30 May 08

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5