start up menu annoyance

hzhzhz 22:27 15 Sep 05

Im using win xp. In the start up menu the programs etc depend on a click of the mouse to open them but with the all programs button it opens when the cursor passes over it.So for example if I need anything in the right hand column eg control panel, search, etc I have to take the cursor around the all programs button otherwise it opens it. Is this normal.Is there a way of changing it so that I have to click on it to open. Its just a little annoyance.

Totally-braindead 22:30 15 Sep 05

I'm sure you can change it though personally I don't know how though I'm sure someone else will tell you. Yes this is normal by the way, if you move above all programs just a bit the list will disappear.

hzhzhz 22:33 15 Sep 05

Ah so it does. How completely unobservant of me. Thankyou Totally-braindead.

GaT7 22:39 15 Sep 05

Right-click All Programs & select Properties. On the Start Menu tab, select Start Menu & press Customize. On the Advanced tab, untick 'Open submenus when I pause on them with my mouse'. OK, Apply, OK. Did this help? G

hzhzhz 22:55 15 Sep 05

It certainly did help Crossbow7. Thanks.

GaT7 23:04 15 Sep 05

Glad it did. I only discovered this feature could be customised since you asked the question!

This is one rare occurrence when posting without refreshing paid off ; ) G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…