Start Menu

surfer47 13:08 04 Nov 09

Hi.
I recently changed over to Windows Vista and the changeover seems to have created 2 "Document" folders. Vista seems to have picked the wrong folder to show on the Star Menu. I got all the folders I want into one of the Documents and deleted the other and now when I click on Documents on the right hand side of the
Start menu nothing happens. The folder with all stuff still exists amd I can access it from "Explore". How can I get this one to the start menu?
Regards
M

Taff™ 16:49 04 Nov 09

The file structure on Vista is different. On XP the tree was C:\Documents & Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents and on Vista it is C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents. If you used the Windows Easy Transfer that`s where Vista would have transferred the however I guess you transferred them manually.

Simply find your old "My Documents" and move them to the default Vista Location.

Incidentally, "My Music" is no longer a sub folder of My Documents in Vista so you might want to move the entire contents to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Music and similarly with Videos.

Hope that helps.

surfer47 20:27 08 Nov 09

Taff. Thanks for that, sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now