Start IMAPI service in Windows Vista

Pedro Campos 23:26 27 Dec 07

How do I start the IMAPI service in windows vista?

brundle 23:54 27 Dec 07

Type

services.msc

in the search/run box. Press return. Scroll through the list and check IMAPI is set to Auto and Started.

Pedro Campos 00:04 28 Dec 07

Done that but imapi is not there, cannot find it...

brundle 00:09 28 Dec 07

Is built-in burning disabled? Is something complaining that IMAPI is disabled?

rdave13 00:12 28 Dec 07

If you've been able to burn before then try a system restore.

Pedro Campos 00:15 28 Dec 07

Can you tell how to get to the built-in burning? I did not have any error message complaining the IMAPI is disabled or not working.

brundle 00:23 28 Dec 07

I'm using XP right now, so just going by the way XP does it (and from what you've said, and a google search it obviously differs in some ways in Vista) usually you can right click the optical drive in My Computer and select Properties to access CD Burning settings - have they changed that too? Do you have third-party burning software installed as that may be disabling the built in facility.

brundle 00:39 28 Dec 07

Or check this and remove the registry key ; click here

Pedro Campos 00:40 28 Dec 07

Yes it is true. It works different from XP. After a couple of google searches, in Vista they have something called Imapi v2 which it allows to have two or more burning devices operating at the same time as recording devices. And alsojust discovered why it is not on the services list, IMAPI on Vista is not a service anymore, its a DLL something.
Thanks for your help.

I think that I will try rdave13 suggestion and try a system restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…