start up freezing when lexmark x5470 usb plug in

buttsi 10:37 31 Dec 06

hello, since i bought a computer and printer when i installed the printer first of all it came on screen hardware fault found it may not function properley allthough i think it is working properley when i start up my computer it freezes on the start up screen but when i inplug the printer it works fine.
Ive tried re-installing software and printer again but same message and same problem develops after a few hours.
Im a bit of a novice with the computer any ideas
the system is a imedia 2469 only had it since 23 dec.
also the printer keeps activating when turned off as though its going to start printing sort of noise or cartridges moving?
any body any help please

Totally-braindead 11:04 31 Dec 06

Two ideas. Is there another computer in the house you could perhaps try the printer on. That would at least tell you if it was the printer or the computer - though I suspect the printer may have a fault. And did you install the software first before you plugged the printer in as some printers are very touchy about this and will not install properly if you install the software when the lead is plugged into the PC.

buttsi 11:10 31 Dec 06

I havent got another computer to test on and i installed the printer as it said in the instruction manual but thanks for reply.
I will try to get in contact with lexmark but i reckon that the printer is at fault.
thankyou

Totally-braindead 11:29 31 Dec 06

Perhaps a mate or a neighbour could help with a PC.
I'm sorry but I don't actually know of a way of checking the printer other than trying it on another PC. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

buttsi 15:49 31 Dec 06

Well i phoned pc support they told me it could be printer or possibly computer took printer back to pc world got another one see what happens when i install.
heres hoping it cures the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos