start up freeze

evertonian 20:51 21 Feb 04

when i start my p c it freezes just before desktop.when i run scandisc it freezes 3/4 way throughi have to turn off and start over again to access. please help.

SOUNDFADER 21:01 21 Feb 04

if you have two strips of ram take one out and try reboot again, this is a good way to see if your ram has become faulty, if not boot from cd and re-install windows could be you have missing or corrupt system files, or another good possibility is a hardware conflict, if you reboot the pc continuosly press f8 until options come up then start in safe mode and go to control panel click system then devices and check to see if there are any yellow circles next to devices this is a sign of conflict or driver not installed properly, also remember that if you have onboard sound chip etc and are not using it make sure it is disabled in the bios ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…