start up failure

mrh 18:54 26 Mar 05

weeks worth of decorating - moved unplugged pc-
treated myself to tft monitor - fitted monitor - plugged in pc 1st time since move - no go- starts to boot, does not get to windows-semi turns off- light still on - no fans - nothing - after couple of attempts - reaches bios load up - have to change cpu from 1250 to 1667(2 mg amd) save and exit - all ok - runs sweet all day- same scenario next day- widows xp- self build 2 years ago- all leads appear secure - fans all appearing to initially turn- temp when loaded ok- all help appreciated
mrh

Rayuk 19:05 26 Mar 05

Have you reseated all the pci graphics and memory cards could be slightly loose in their sockets.

mrh 19:21 26 Mar 05

yes all reseated thanks for reply - even more confused now - if i restart all loads ok - if i turn off the restart - scenario as before - no load - try a couple of times - ok but straight to bios - wonfering about psu(initial load?) when running power appears stable and readout fine
mrh

Rayuk 19:46 26 Mar 05

click here
If you think power supply could be a problem try booting with basic graphics card 1 stick memory no optical drives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 26 Mar 05

If Bios losing settings then renew CMOS battery.

CMOS Battery
click here

mrh 20:01 26 Mar 05

wondered about battary but clock fine in bios -unplugged most things - no difference
mrh

Rayuk 20:09 26 Mar 05

Only other suggestion at the moment Use hard drive manufacturers diagnostic software see if anything amis with the drive itself.
Delete key on keyboard not the problem either then?as in above link

mrh 21:56 26 Mar 05

delete key not problem - pc shuts down prior to windows starting - doubt hard drive problem - no spash screen - no beeps from bios
mrh

DieSse 22:22 26 Mar 05

Have you tried it back with the original monitor - I saw about a year ago a TFT monitor that screwed up a system.

mrh 11:30 27 Mar 05

yes tried with old monitor - thing thats bugging me is that it stops withina couple of seconds of pressing on
mrh

DieSse 19:49 27 Mar 05

"yes tried with old monitor"

But does it work OK with the old monitor or not - you didn't say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…