Start up errors some one plz help

PcGamer 21:28 13 May 07

I turnd on my computer this morning and found that it wouldent start and an error i havent seen before was on the screen.

Services.exe-Unable To Locate Component
NCObjAPI.DLL

and another one just like it but a diff file.

I read some help forums online and used my windows professional installation cd to do a system restore and reinstal windows.

But i keep geting Copy error after copy error wile it goes thew the process and i have no way to get past it i have downloaded some manualy and put them on but every time i do it another copy error comes up the cd is not dirty or scratched from what i can see

Is there anyway to fix this or shuld i just keep downloading the single files from my other computer?

MAJ 21:34 13 May 07

You say you "used my windows professional installation cd to do a system restore and reinstal windows". Those are two completely different things, which one did you do, the System Restore or the Reinstallation of Windows?

What are the exact error messages you are getting?

PcGamer 21:38 13 May 07

sorry i used my XP Professional cd to reinstall windows without loseing all my files on my hard disk

the errors i keep geting wile doing so are

Copy Error
Setup cannot copy the file
catrvut.dl_.

PcGamer 21:42 13 May 07

Now its not going on with the reinstall and is only giveing me the option to totaly reinstall windows is there any way to install windows on a new partition and still be able to get my files from the other parition?

woodchip 21:49 13 May 07

It's for tune up tools get it hear click here

It needs to go in the C:\Windows\System32 folder

PcGamer 21:50 13 May 07

Basicly i read another thred on this and did what it said but now im stuck with either totaly reinstaling windows or not having a computer and i dont know what to do heres the site i used

click here

PcGamer 21:51 13 May 07

hi woodchip there were 2 errors the other one after that was Cryptdll.dll but i think i did the wrong thing and now im stuck.

MAJ 21:52 13 May 07

Looks like it's having problems extracting the compressed files, PcGamer. It's not impossible that the CD is damaged in some way, but there can be a number of reasons. Takea look at this page click here see if it helps. Maybe it's a memory problem, try removing and replacing some memory modules.

PcGamer 21:55 13 May 07

thanks for the link MAJ i just whent back to look and after i restarted my computer it wont enter the set up it only gives me the option to totaly reinstal windows not just repair it and save my files i dont know what to do to save them.

woodchip 22:01 13 May 07

Hear is the one you just posted. You can put these on a floppy and copy them from the Prompt like C:\> after you have put them on a floppy disk, start computer keep tapping f8 choose from list Command Prompt, put the floppy disc in computer and at the prompt type

A:\copy *.C:\windows\system32

note the space after copy then press enter.

reboot to see if it worked

woodchip 22:03 13 May 07

Hear is the file

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…