Start Up Error Message

henry2 11:47 10 Nov 10

Hi Guys,
I have Win 7 installed on my dual core pc,with 160 Hdd.Any time i put on the pc i get the error message'Diskette drive o seek failure,Press f1 to continue or f2 to enter set up'
Although it works alright after i press f1,i just want the message to disappear.
Any help please.
Thanx

northumbria61 12:30 10 Nov 10

Have you got a floppy disc in the floppy disc drive?
If you haven't you need to press F2 and change Boot sequence.Select to boot from Hardrive

northumbria61 12:32 10 Nov 10

Look for something related to "boot order", and just follow the instructions to make it boot in the following order:

1: CD/DVD Drive
2: Hard Disk
3: Anything else

That should cure the problem. It appears it's looking for a (non-existent) floppy drive.

mgmcc 12:35 10 Nov 10

I suspect the system is looking for a floppy drive which isn't present and that you need to go into "Setup" (the BIOS) by pressing F2 and then disable floppy disk support.

henry2 12:42 10 Nov 10

I think you guys are all correct,but it has a card reader.It used to show in my computer as four removable drives with their assigned letters when i had xp on it.After installing win 7 it show as floppy drive in my computer.
Is a dual core pc.ram 1g,160hdd,win 7.
i have already set the boot order to 1.hardd 2.cd 3.removable so i dont know why.
Any suggestions please?

northumbria61 22:16 10 Nov 10

"i have already set the boot order to 1.hardd 2.cd 3.removable so i dont know why."

Did you SAVE those changes ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017