Start up difficulties & PC crashes

Johny C 09:13 30 Dec 07

hiya guys & gals

my PC continually struggles to start up when i turn it on, nothing at all happens, no post bleep or anythng,

then after several press's of the reset button, i eventually get a single bleep, the computer still doest load, but will continually reboot. eventually i get the screen with the options

safe mode, last known good configuration, boot windows normally, this still repeatidly reboots until windows finally loads..........

once up and running the machine runs ok, but quite frequently the PC will just reboot itself for no reason! then i go through the same hassle of trying to get the puter to boot up!

PC Spec is:

intel pentium 3 - 999mhz
128 mb ram
80 gig hard drive
matrox g100 AGP graphics card
windows XP Pro

hope some one can help me,

many thanks

Earthsea 09:25 30 Dec 07

How often do you clean it? click here

Or could possibly be the hard drive on the way out.

Johny C 09:41 30 Dec 07

The PC has just recently been cleaned and most of the connections have been unplugged given a good blast of compressed air and put back together,

i know the system is old, and i know i ould really do with a new one, but theres no chance of that happening for a while,

Earthsea 10:06 30 Dec 07

Could be a RAM problem, try Memtest86+ click here

Faulty PSU is another possibility.

Spark6 10:21 30 Dec 07

Have you checked out your event viewer? R/C My Computer, select Manage to open Computer Management Console, select Event Viewer and make a note of the events marked with a white cross on red background. Hopefully someone will be able to help interpret the reasons for your crashes.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:20 30 Dec 07

Sounds as if your PSU is dying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…