Start up Commander problem

spud3 13:45 07 Mar 05

I have just recovered my pc from a serious crash using the supplied system from Dell.
Everything seems to be working correctly except the pc will not boot to the desktop until I press ctrl alt and delete and select end task on the only program which is running System Commander.
When I close the system commander program the pc will boot normally but slowly.
Any idea what is causing the problem.

Chegs ® 14:19 07 Mar 05

click here

According to here,it can be uninstalled easily,if you only have the one OS installed,then its irrelavant and can be removed.

spud3 11:23 08 Mar 05

thanks for the response can you recommend a good app to show what is running at start up.

spud3 11:29 08 Mar 05

Thanks for the advice but the program I installed was Win Cleaner Ultra which has the program Win Startup Commander included.
I managed to un install the program and delete values from the registry and my pc will boot up very slowly but the problem is now corrected.
Have you any idea what is causing the longer bootup and shut down times.
I have also defrag the hard drive.
Thanks again.

Chegs ® 11:34 08 Mar 05

The slow boot can be caused by a multitude of things.There are apps that run at startup and tell you whats holding things up.It can be anything from quantity of apps loading at startup to the OS checking each IDE,etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…