Start-up/Close down page

Yimbo 17:53 PM 18 Oct 11

It seems that programs I've just used are no longer being added to the list on this page. It was useful to have these easiiy available. Can you tell me how to activate this again?

northumbria61 19:07 PM 18 Oct 11

It seems that programs I've just used are no longer being added to the list on this page

Can you be more specific - which page? Are you talking about your Start/Menu - Recent Items?

Yimbo 09:34 AM 19 Oct 11

Yes, sorry, northumbria61 - - - The Start Menu, which used to add programs recently used - but now doesn't! I'm using XP home.

birdface 10:06 AM 19 Oct 11

It can only hold so many at the one time.Have you tried removing some on it that you no longer need.Just right click it and and click on remove from the list.or you can remove them all and they will start again one at a time as you use them.

Yimbo 11:16 AM 19 Oct 11

Hi butemaan - - All that's on the left side of the Start Menu is "Internet" and "E-mail". Other programs used to appear as recently used, and I could remove (or keep) them as you've said - but none are added now.

Sea Urchin 13:06 PM 19 Oct 11

Right click on the task bar and select Properties

Click the Start Menu tab

Against Start Menu select Customize

In the Program section under the General tab select the number of programs you would like to see displayed on the Start menu (don't select more than about 6 or your system will complain).

Then click OK - Apply and OK.

Yimbo 16:27 PM 19 Oct 11

Thanks Sea Urchin! Got it back as you said. Seems I learn something new every day!

Thanks to all! Much appreciated!

Sea Urchin 17:21 PM 19 Oct 11

Glad you've resolved your problem - thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November