//some 3rd party need geo

Start up become lock up

Koz 19:11 22 Feb 04

Using Windows 98SE (and in the past 98SE upgraded to ME but now back on 98SE). On about half my start up the machine will freeze in the final stages of startup or I get a 'blue screen'. The freeze occurs before the desktop is shown. I have removed things using msconfig by trial and error and without success. If the machine gets to a desktop then it is realiable thereafter

Diodorus Siculus 19:31 22 Feb 04

Try MikeLins startup control panel; it will allow you to see everything that is loading.

Otherwise try running a registry cleaner which might clean out some of the detritus left behind.

click here for it.

click here for it.

Koz 21:53 22 Feb 04

Thanks very much.

Installed MikeLins set up and cleared out stuff that I do not recognise and it seems okay! I'll reboot over the next few days to check if the solution is permanent.
In the meantime where do I get a registry cleaner and how would I know what needs to the cleaned.

Thanks again.

Paranoid Android 21:57 22 Feb 04

click here

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…