Start Up Batch File - WXP HE

David4637 22:17 25 Apr 05

1. How can I run the following Batch file to open Internet Explorer minimised - start "" "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"

2. Have you any web sites with simple files for providing an option such that if I press 1- Word opens, or press 2 Excel to open? Thanks David

David4637 14:58 26 Apr 05

Please help fellows, just some basic ideas on how to minimise a start up *.BAT file content. Thanks David

bertiecharlie 15:21 26 Apr 05

This should work :

Start/min "" "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

bertiecharlie 15:24 26 Apr 05

For your second point, you could create a shortcut for Word. Right click it and go into Properties then enter one of the F keys in the Shortcut Key Box. If you just enter a number, you end up with ctr-alt-number as the shortcut key.

David4637 15:35 26 Apr 05

Thanks for coming to my rescue bertiecharlie, I will try the minimise option. Any ideas on providing a dialog which allows you to press 1 to say bootup Word, press 2 for Excel using similar syntax you found for me. Thanks David

David4637 15:12 27 Apr 05

GroupFC 15:23 27 Apr 05

If you have a look in "help and support" you wiil find the following, which seems to be what you want to do!

"To specify shortcut keys for specific programs
Before beginning this procedure, please refer to the documentation that came with the program to verify a shortcut was installed.

Open My Computer.
Locate the program file (.exe) or the program's shortcut icon. Right-click the program file or shortcut, and then click Properties.
Click the Program tab for an MS-DOS program or the Shortcut tab for a Windows program.
With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically start with CTRL+ALT. The Shortcut key box will display None until you select the key and then the box will display Ctrl+Alt+the key you selected. You cannot use the ESC, ENTER, TAB, SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, SHIFT, or BACKSPACE keys."

GroupFC 15:28 27 Apr 05

Having thought about it a bit more - surely it's just as easy to open them from a shortcut on the taskbar? At least then you won't have to remember which key is needed to open the required app.!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…