START BAR getting basics back in right place

gustar 16:32 19 Mar 07

Hi - problem (my fault) due no doubt to tiredness accidentally took off from bar(s)

Windows Explorer from the sub menu Accessories (have got it on main start bar having managed to find it as a shortcut on desktop as i realised my error of dragging it from the original placement, ie Accessories

also (as above and (I can't believe i did it againimmediatley after first stupid action!) removed from Accessories, sub menu System Tools the Disk Clean Up (which doesn't work very well anyway!) - this i also managed to get onto main start bar

Both I have searched and they are in the correct places in Winsystem (or something!) but my question is pls - how do i get them back on the original placements ? any ideas anyone

thnks

skidzy 16:34 19 Mar 07

System Restore ?

gustar 16:39 19 Mar 07

thnks - bit drastic perhaps ?

Taff™ 16:40 19 Mar 07

Totally confused by your post but I think you need to Right Click the Start button and "Explore All Users" - select Programs and in the right hand pane (You`re in Windows Explorer) put everything back in place.

Technotiger 16:43 19 Mar 07

I would suggest System Restore also, what is so drastic about that? it only takes a couple of minutes.

Technotiger 16:45 19 Mar 07

ps - if the mistake happened today, just do a Restore back to yesterday.

skidzy 16:50 19 Mar 07

Please do not think we mean complete system restore/recovery to factory settings.

Its simply a function to take you back to before this happened.

Start/All programs/Accessories/system tools/system restore and follow the prompts...

MIKE. 16:56 19 Mar 07

My neighbour is running Norton firewall. Two nights ago his wife had a warning while surfing her language school site on the web. The warning was low level risk which Norton high lighted Norton suggested to except and allow the language site to access their PC. As my neighbour is somewhat paranoid he decided to block access.He now cannot get onto the internet as Norton is blocking access. If I change the security level on Norton from Medium to low it will go on line. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop Norton from blocking web access while on medium security settings.

MIKE. 16:57 19 Mar 07

sorry guys posted on the wrong area.

gustar 17:34 19 Mar 07

MIKE - no problem
Technotiger - no didn't want to do this as did complete defrag after my mistakes but thnks anyway
Skidzy - as Technotiger comment from me - tnks anyway
Taff - well, i'm sorry you are confused re my posting but thnks, have done yr suggestion and resolved - thnks to u all - hopefully someone can help on my other posting (same date) re media center - hope that's not confusing to anyone !
byee

Technotiger 17:55 19 Mar 07

Grreat - thanks for the feedback, at least you got sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5