Start - all programs

pwhedd99 18:15 07 May 06

Nothing hapens when I hover over, or click, on the Start-All Programs button (Windows XP)on my account only (which is an administrators account). This is not a problem on the other three accounts. I have tried clicking on properties, going to the advanced tab and fidling with the settings but I ctill can't get access to the list of programms. Any suggestions? PW

VoG II 18:22 07 May 06
  pwhedd99 20:49 07 May 06

Thanks VoG. No success yet. I will try delving into the registry later, with some trepidation!

Newuser819 13:40 16 Sep 06

Having the same problem, I followed the above link.
I needed to go to the 2nd stage and use regedit.exe. as the regsvr32.... file could not be found.

The settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.....User Shell folder for Programs and Start menu were correct.

The settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE....User Shell folder were all missing except for the 1st line which said default.

i do not understand how to reinstate the default values for the 7 folders listed in the article including Common Start Menu and Common programs which relate to this specific problem.

I assume I should have all 7 entries.

Can you please provide an "idiots guide" to correcting this.

Keith Carpenter Newsuser 819

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…