Start Again?

Aristocatman 20:23 26 Feb 04

I have just completely revamped one of my older PC'c New mboard ,processor memory, HDD etc. I installed XP Pro but had a problem it went into a loop at the 1st reboot. I was half asleep at the time so used a boot disk to reformat the drive(80Gb) & reloaded XP Pro successfully plus some other software. What I hadn't noticed was that the failed install created a small 8Mb partition so the reinstall ended up on E drive not C, D drive was the original HDD why it got in first I don't know.
I have decided to start again so I used a boot (disk Win 98 based) using Fdisk shows 2 partitions active 8MB but the remaining 72 Gb is only showing as 12624Mb is this going to give me a problem if I repartition the drive?

midase 21:58 26 Feb 04

The 8mb is normal.

AL D. 22:19 26 Feb 04

Did you change your 1st boot option to cd rom (in The Bios)and boot from your xp cd this will give you options about removing partitions,and do a fast format with NTFS file system

Aristocatman 22:58 26 Feb 04

AL D. Thanks I'm doing just that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…