start up

2020 23:25 16 Jan 05

hi trying to sort out my sisters computer which is so full of dross that the kids have downloaded..kazza, neopets etc. it has loads of stuff which loads on start up, so how can i cut this out and have only essential stuff load. also some programmes such as neopets are difficult to remove, any suggestions welcomed.
with thanks. 2020

LeadingMNMs 23:38 16 Jan 05

Go to 'Run' and type "msconfig", go to the last tab 'Startup' and remove the majority of entries, leaving only needed ones such as firewalls, antivirus and other system processes.

LeadingMNMs 23:38 16 Jan 05

Also download and run Ad-aware click here This should help remove some things.

Serendipity777 23:39 16 Jan 05

If you arent sure what is what, then they have a good start ups list at click here

2020 00:10 17 Jan 05

thanks for advice. i just want to confirm that if i remove start up programmes this will not remove/delete them?

LeadingMNMs 00:12 17 Jan 05

By just unticking them using msconfig, you will only prevent them from starting at startup, they will not be uninstalled.

Kev.Ifty 00:19 17 Jan 05

click here Download CCleaner.

It has a program removal tool which is very good. As well as being capable of removing all sorts of other dross.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…