Start up

geedad 21:46 17 Sep 03

I am using Win98 S.E, with Office Pro installed.
On starting the computer I receive a message: 'The launchpd.exefile is linked to missing export MFC42.Dll:6442.
I have searched M/S downloads but was unable to locate the missing file.
Can anyone help,please?

mark500 21:59 17 Sep 03

click here MFC42.DLL Download location.

sil_ver 22:01 17 Sep 03

This any good? click here

bvw in bristol 22:08 17 Sep 03

click here

ATI Launchpad

Convenient way to start all your Multimedia Center applications (DVD, Video CD, CD Audio, File Player). You can right-click LaunchPad, and uncheck Load on Startup in the menu.

geedad 14:50 18 Sep 03

You guys out there have all pointed in the same ( correct ) direction, and the problem relating to the dll seems to have solved the 'launchpd' error also!
Many thanks,

geedad 22:19 18 Sep 03

HI, guys!
It is happening again! Those little error boxes stating MCF42.DLL:6442 and LAUNCHPD.EXE linked to missing export file.
I have downloaded MFC42.DLL and it resides on my desktop. I have use Winzip to install it........somewhere? Where was, or should its final destination be?
Sorry to bring it up again but it is a nuisance!

VoG II 22:24 18 Sep 03

You could also copy it to the folder where the errant program lives - can't do any harm.

Jester2K II 22:25 18 Sep 03

Try Windows, Windows/System and if you have one Windows/System32 directories.

Ironman556 22:29 18 Sep 03

You could try uninstalling your ATI software from ADD/REMOVE Programs, then re-install the software from the graphics driver CD, it should refresh the dll's and exe's that have problems attached.

VoG II 22:34 18 Sep 03

Aslso, see click here

geedad 23:14 18 Sep 03

Thanks again, Ironman556, VoG and Jester2K II -will try all again but another day. I will come back to let you know what has happened, and to see if the problem has gone away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…