Starry Night Beginner

Border View 12:13 11 Apr 09
Answered

A good while ago software for Starry Night Beginner was given away on the free disc of PC Advisor. I loaded this program at the time but have lost my disc. I would like to reinstall, does anyone know where I might now get the free version of this software. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Barmoor

Fermat's Theorem 16:07 11 Apr 09

an excellent substitute for you.

click here

It is a free, open-source, planetarium - it does all that Starry Night Beginner does, and has a very friendly user-interface.

Hope this helps :-)

provider 2 16:43 11 Apr 09

Is this it? click here

It may be a rather old version, though, and developments in this field are so rapid these days.

Some others listed further down but I`ve not tried them.
Fermat`s looks like a pretty good alternative.

Border View 22:26 11 Apr 09

Thank you responders. I shall await my return to a proper broadband connection before I do a download. Am currently on 3g mobile broadband which is rather slow. But many thanks for your links.

Kind regards = Barmoor

badhair1963 00:27 13 Apr 09

click here for the official site. Of course, the software isn't free, but by getting it from here at least you'll lessen the risk of downloading something unpleasant with it which is always a possibility if you download from dodgy sites.

muddypaws 11:09 13 Apr 09

I have used this for some time click here and find it an excellent freebie. Two days ago I d/loaded Stellarium which I think is OK for checking the current night sky, but I find the interface isn't that friendly and the graphics on Celestia are, in my opinion, far superior and it is easier to use.

jellyhead 11:35 13 Apr 09

Fermat's Theorem
I'm all for freeby software so down loaded Stellarium and have had a great time playing around with it, Thankyou. Well done Barmoor for starting the thread.

birdface 11:36 13 Apr 09

All you have to do is instead of running it is download it to My Documents or wherever you want.Then run your security programs on it and then run if all clear.Better safe than sorry.

provider 2 11:46 13 Apr 09

badhair1963,

"Dodgy sites"? Cnet? I don`t think so:

click here

Border View 14:35 09 Nov 11
Answer

Finally got around to installing Fermat's Theorem recommendation. Looks interesting, will take a while to find my way around.

Many thanks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…