Starnge happenings

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:29 27 Dec 03

Ok,just booted my pc did the post test np then nothin nada,just a black screen no hdd activaty nothin,so i had to reset got the screen that say windows didnt finish loading and askes what i wanna do normal/safe mode so started normal np worked a treat,so i shut down pc then booted back up np,then i did it again and left it 5 mins this time black screen again until i reset,no error message no nothin just stopped,any 1 know what this could be?

Regards.

DieSse 23:37 27 Dec 03

The most common cause is the hard drive getting slow at starting up. If this happens after only 5mins switch off - beware, it could just be the hard drive is about to fail.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:40 27 Dec 03

The post test smart thing says both drives are ok
is there another way to tell?

Regards.

DieSse 23:43 27 Dec 03

Try setting the long memory test in the BIOS (Quick Power On Test set to DISABLED) - this gives the drive more time to get spinning before it's asked to actually boot.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:47 27 Dec 03

Ok will try that thx,wont tick yet tho lol.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:30 28 Dec 03

Ok did the bios thing and turned off last night came again today did the same thing on boot,but it works ok on reset.

Regards.

Big Elf 11:35 28 Dec 03

Try a hard drive testing tool, usually available from the manufacturers website to test the disk.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:39 28 Dec 03

Do i hve to get 1 for the model of my disk or are they universal? i have a segate drive but not sure on model.

Regards.

Big Elf 11:45 28 Dec 03

I'm not really sure. Check their website as they may give advice on using it.

christmascracker 11:45 28 Dec 03
  Big Elf 11:46 28 Dec 03

They seem to have a single diagnostics tool at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…