Star Office - This Version Has Expired

Pesala 18:39 08 Jan 04

I just tried to load my version of Star Office provided by PC Advisor. I got a message that it has expired. I wasn't aware that there was any expiry date on the license. I thought it was a full version. I have installed a Beta upgrade. Can anyone tell me more?

Djohn 18:42 08 Jan 04

Pesala, The one we had for testing purpose was a time limited version, but you should have received a full version after the test. Did you not receive this?

Forum Editor 18:53 08 Jan 04

did you not get your full version CD Pesala?

Pesala 18:53 08 Jan 04

but then I installed Star Office 6.1 Beta 2. I think it is that one that expired. That still surprises me, as I would have thought it would have remembered my registration details from before. Probably I uninstalled Star Office 6.0 before installing 6.1. I cannot remember for sure.

Pesala 18:56 08 Jan 04

Is that the right one?

Pesala 19:01 08 Jan 04

That is just labelled StarOffice 6.0.

I expect I can just reinstall that. I presume it was the beta that has expired.

Pesala 19:03 08 Jan 04

I wanted the latest version because it supports macros, whereas I don't think Version 6.0 does. Not sure if there is much difference between Star Office 6.0 and Open Office 1.1 - which is best?

Djohn 19:05 08 Jan 04

I think that is the test one, time expired. The full Cd has "Staroffice 6.0" across the top on a black background and a centre section coloured lilac with the words, "June 2002 revision A". j.

Pesala 19:15 08 Jan 04

Yes. I have that one.

woodchip 19:48 08 Jan 04

If you load the version 6 I think you will find that it's the latest version it's just easier to put 6 on the front cover, updates also update the version number if you download them, That is all Updates for version 6

Pesala 21:36 08 Jan 04

I might try that later, but for now I've installed Open Office 1.1 which seems to be the latest version. Star Office 6.0 is at least six months older. I don't use it very much, but it is handy for opening Word docs or editing with Unicode fonts. I use Page Plus for most of my word-processing needs now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…