star office

phild 23:18 05 Mar 03

can anyone please help. i use ie6 as my browser but oe6 for my mail. if i have an email with a link on it and click on that link it does not open up ie6 but opens up staroffice and tries to use that instead. is there anyway i can stop this happening so it will just open in ie6. cheers

VoG™ 23:25 05 Mar 03

Try this click here

MAJ 23:37 05 Mar 03

Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Type tab, scroll down a little to the URL:Gopher Protocol entry, highlight it, click the Advanced button, make sure "open" is highlighted, click the Edit button and make sure that in the "Application used to perform action" field you have

"E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

in there.

In the DDE Message field you have

"%1",,-1,0,,,,

In the Application field you have

IExplore

And in the Topic field you have

WWW_OpenURL

Then go back and make sure it's the same for:

the URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol entry

and the URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy entry.

MAJ 23:39 05 Mar 03

Darn, I should have refreshed before typing that lot.

phild 23:51 05 Mar 03

thank you all for your help. i tied your link vog and it worked a treat.thanks again for all the responses.cheers

phild 23:54 05 Mar 03

i tried your link vog.followed the instructions and it worked a treat. thanks to you and all the others who responded.thanks again.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…