Star Office 5.2

Kilobyte 18:36 09 Apr 03

I'm using the calc spreadsheet program and have noticed that bits of fonts of some letters just seem to disappear at random - and if I then scroll the sheet, it appears as normal. I've also got another spreadsheet program and this never happens with that. Any suggestions or is it a bug? Can't find anything on the Sun site.

Pesala 11:56 10 Apr 03

I think nearly all applications store the fonts for display on screen in memory. When you scroll around the page it is not unusual for parts of the display to get corrupted. As long as the screen is returning to normal after refreshing the screen it is nothing to worry about. You should be able to find a simple sequence like page down, page up or zoom in zoom out that will redraw the screen.

Tog 12:16 10 Apr 03

I get this all the time at work with MS Word. A right royal pain when filling in forms. My friendly IT guy said it was a common occurence, though I never see it on my home PC.

Paranoid Android 14:01 10 Apr 03

Office machines tend to have weaker graphics performance and less graphics RAM than home machines. This may partly explain the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…