Staples Jolly Good - Fellowes Not So

PalaeoBill 22:35 11 Jun 10

I needed a hundred CD/DVD cases and I needed to go out, get them and be back again before my wife burned the 100 DVD's to go into them.
One rip stop trip to Staples later and I plonk four shrink wrapped packs of 25 Fellowes slim metallic jewel cases on the table next to her. A tad (x3) more than I would normally pay but hey ho needs must.
A few minutes later as the shrink wrap came off, I don't think I have ever been quite so underwhelmed at the quality of a product. It's a decent brand and I expected a lot better (they are marketed as shatter resitant!). There isn't enough plastic in them to resist anything. The 6p a pop unbranded stuff I normally get off t'internet is far superior.
The next day I returned them to Staples, who good as gold took them back, apologized, gave a hassle free refund and said they took quality issues seriously and would investigate.
Top marks to Staples.

Top marks too to Tesco, who fortunately had 100 DVD cases for roughly the same price and a good deal more robust. I promise never to leave things to the last minute again... until the next time.

northumbria61 22:40 11 Jun 10

With your points you would get at Tesco you will soon be able to buy MORE !

PalaeoBill 22:40 11 Jun 10

Apologies, posted in wrong forum. I have asked FE to move it.

Technotiger 22:41 11 Jun 10

I am sure you meant to put this Post into the Consumerwatch Forum, didn't you? :-))

Glad you got satisfaction anyway !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009