standby not working

Desperate-Dan 12:16 01 Apr 08

Hi, my monitor used to go off after 10 mins if I wasn't using the pc, now it stays on all the time, I manually put it in standby mode from the start menu, but when I went to reactivate it, It wouldn't reactivate when pressing a key or if I moved the mouse, I leave the pc on 24/7 is this a good thing or should I shutdown for the night

Jak_1 12:21 01 Apr 08

Have you checked the settings have not been altered? Start > Control Panel > Display > Screen Saver. Check the power settings there for the monitor.
Using the standby mode from the start menu usually requires you to briefly press the on of swicth to bring the pc back to life.

Sea Urchin 12:48 01 Apr 08

"I leave the pc on 24/7 is this a good thing or should I shutdown for the night"

When you close down your PC and then reboot next time it serves the function of making sure that your operating system remains in a stable state. If you never close down Windows will become unstable in time. And close down from the Start button, and not physically switching off on the power button.

Desperate-Dan 12:51 01 Apr 08

I went into the mouse setting and checked allow this device to bring the computer out of standby
and it seem to working now, if I leave the pc for 10 mins the screen goes dark, when I move the mouse its back to life again, thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…