Standard Wireless Modem - 2 PC Help!!

lisalab1 21:44 18 Oct 07

I want to sign up with orange broadband home starter which comes with a standard wireless modem for a single computer.

I have two computers which have no wireless connections built in.

Do I need to buy an extra router like a linksys WRT54GC router? with the RJ145 cables?

Strawballs 22:13 18 Oct 07

If you have the Orange Live Box wireless router then you need 2 wireless adapters for the 2 computers. USB or PCI for desktop and USB or PCMCIA for laptops.

smjpanther 22:24 18 Oct 07

1st - If your new mdm is wireless and both computer is desktops, you connect the primary pc to the wireless modem & follow setup instruction for the modem

2nd- Buy a wireless desktop network adaptor for the 2nd desktop pc --(there is two kinds - one you install inside the computer into the PCI slot OR THE External one that you connect to an USB PORT) BOTH internal & external desktop network card comes with drivers so don't forget to install the drivers.

3rd - 2nd desktop - setup a wireless connection in the control panel.

Note:****** The primary pc connected via ethernet cable to the wireless modem will connect through the mdm(not using the wireless feature) and the 2nd pc will pick up connection via wireless desktop adaptor by picking up a signal from the modem after you setup a wireless area connection in the control panel.********also works with Desktop & laptop (any combination)
***********I hope this help you.

lisalab1 19:01 19 Oct 07

Thanks, what type of wireless adaptors are there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac