Standalone ISO's What are they

StellaArtois63 10:40 24 May 05

When installing Microsoft Office 2003 I created standalone ISO's.I at first thought it was an option to install the parts I wanted but soon gathered when it was doing its stuff it wasn't what I had in mind. I have since installed Office with no problems but I am wondering what have I done by creating standalone ISO's. Any help in explaining what I have done and what they are will be greatfully apreciated.

mattyc_92 10:41 24 May 05

An ISO is a CD or DVD image... Simply open your burning rom (nero for example) and select open.... Now just locate the ISO file and select it.... It will "burn" the file's contents to a disk...

StellaArtois63 10:52 24 May 05

Thanks for a very quick reply matty c_92, does this mean that I have in theory 2 copies on my hardrive because at 647mb I would like to delete it. If so how do I go about it, thanks.

mattyc_92 10:59 24 May 05

The ISO file is basically like a Zip file... You can reomve this safely (or just burn it to another disk)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…