Stand By Shut Down Option

Ade_1 13:44 03 Sep 05

When i want to set my computer to "Stand By" instead of switching it of, it never seems to come back on again... i have to press the little reset button on the front. Does anyone know why?
I am running Windows XP Home SP2

Granger 12:52 05 Sep 05

I think this is normal. It sounds like you expect the mouse or keyboard to wake the PC up from standby, but they won't. After pressing the power button, you should see "Resuming Windows" on screen?

Ade_1 12:53 05 Sep 05

i should but i dont, i know i should see that because that happens with the laptop when it is on stand by but with my computer it just doesnt come back on at all i see nothing, and the screen is on etc so i end up pressing the reset button... to get it back on.

zemdarin 13:53 05 Sep 05

Have you tried looking in your power options, found in control panel then setting standby in there. There are various options to Hibernate or shutdown in Advanced, even using the start-up button on your computer

Ade_1 14:04 05 Sep 05

ok ive taken a look, ill contact my suppliers if it continues to do it, thanks ofr all advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…