Stand by mode

fredie 08:24 01 Jun 03

When my new laptop (operating on XP) comes out of standby mode the screen doesn't come back on -a few vertical lines appear. The screen works perfectly all other times. Are there any settings I need to check.

Thank you

nigwel 08:54 01 Jun 03

Do you have to use "Standby Mode" at all... I think that this mode in all windows OS`s is a problem, is it not just as quick to boot it from start.. Just a theory?

fredie 17:09 01 Jun 03

When my new laptop (operating on XP) comes out of standby mode the screen doesn't come back on -a few vertical lines appear. The screen works perfectly all other times. Are there any settings I need to check.

-pops- 17:12 01 Jun 03

Operative word here is "new". If it doesn't function in the correct way, return it to the supplier and complain. It is your right in law to be provided with equipment that works properly.

Brian

fredie 18:48 01 Jun 03

Pops, your answer is sensible and I did think of doing that but it will be a big hassle, I have loaded all my application software and I bought it over the internet so I have to pack it up and post it etc, plus on Tuesday I am going on a business trip ao I am hoping I can just adjust a setting. Thank you for answering

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…