Stand alone Word database?

Trikie 00:31 08 Oct 10

I have a club membership Works database with 450 names, with 16 information fields for each of them.

I will be handing it over to someone who uses Word and cannot open the Works document. E-mailing it as a .dbf file loses some of the data so I want to create a new database in Word by manually re-typng all the information.

However I can't find anywhere to buy just a Word database programme - I don't want to pay too much as it will be a once only use.

Can anyone point me to a possible source?

A major use of the database is to produce mailing labels for a monthly magazine. If it's possible to get round the problem by using a spreadsheet is it possible to use this as a basis for the labels as i do with the database?

lotvic 01:11 08 Oct 10

"handing it over to someone who uses Word"

We need more details of the programs involved:

Do they have Microsoft Office? If so which version.

You shouldn't need to manually re-type all the information.

KremmenUK 07:07 08 Oct 10

Word is not a database program.

If the new user doesn't have Excel or Access to reference databases then I would suggest one of the free office suites.

wiz-king 08:14 08 Oct 10

The Works database is not compatible with most other programs and as Kremmen UK said your taker will need at least a spreadsheet program. I suggest you start with a copy of OpenOffice which is free and down loadable to see if will open the Works file, if not save the database as a spreadsheet or a CSV file and do it that way.
I think Works was created to be as incompatible as possible!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…