stand alone printers

telkell 10:37 09 Sep 08

A friend of mine has a digital camera , but no PC. I was telling him that stand alone photo printers are available, but when I tried to find some on the web I could not find any that did not require a PC,
Can anyone put me on the right track? Any suggestions appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:59 09 Sep 08

You need a Pictbrige printer click here

many printers nowadays are fitted with the pictbridge interface so when searching for your requirements / cost / paper size etc. just check speca include pictbridge.

Technotiger 11:32 09 Sep 08

Have a look at click here and look for the Epson DX 4700, I believe it is on offer at the moment at under £50. It is PictBridge and as a bonus is also a stand-alone photocopier, no PC needed.

Technotiger 11:45 09 Sep 08
  telkell 12:22 16 Sep 08

Thanks for the suggestions.
I was looking for something fairly basic. I found that Canon were giving £15 cash back this month on their basic all-in-one and Amazon was selling it at £37 so the whole thing would only be £22 this month. The list price was about £55, so that was just the job.
Thanks again. Job done!

Condom 15:06 16 Sep 08

If your friend is mainly wishing for a printer to print photographs then I suggest he needs to think beyond just the printer. The major cost when printing photographs is photo paper and ink. Normal ink cartridges cost the earth, even cheap brands so if your friend is planning to do a lot of printing then he should look at CISS (continuous ink supply systems).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009